Wednesday, May 31, 2017

So Long, Farewell

Hi stampers!  Today is the last day of the 2016-2017 annual catalog and the 2017 Occasions catalog!  Where has the time gone????  And while I'm excited for all the new stuff in the new catalog starting tomorrow, I'm going to miss some things as always!

I still can't believe that the oh so succulent set and framelits didn't make it in!  They are amazing and the new in colors were MADE for them, just look!


I've been meaning to combine these for a while but I just now finally got around to it.  Talk about in the nick of time!  I used all 5 in colors and I did some stamping off and some rock and roll technique. I kind of just played around and stamped a whole bunch of these to figure out what I liked.  And then I spent a bunch of time cutting them out with my framelits.  I did fussy cut the two little bud type stem and flowers.  I'm a bit puzzled why there isn't a die for those!?!


Isn't it just a fabulous little arrangement?  I'm literally about to cry that these are retiring!  The greeting is fresh fig stamped on berry burst.  I stamped about 5 combinations and tried them all out before settling on this.

See those little splatters?  I have been STRUGGLING to make splatters lately.  Why they ever retired the splatter tool is beyond me, clearly they need to consult ME before making these decisions, right? :-)  Anyway, enter the Artisans.  I just love the ladies on the team and they have helped me leaps and bounds already this year!  Many of them suggested flicking a marker in the cap and while I was scared to do it to my precious markers, it worked!  They also kind of conceal the little ink smudge I got on the card front.  Don't you just HATE that????

Anyway, out with the old and in with the new I guess!  Tomorrow the new catalog goes live so get ready!

Happy stamping! Product List

2 comments:

  1. 1) I love this! Since I'm a hobby demo, I can still spend time trying to case your creation. Thank you!
    2) Can you explain what you mean about flicking a marker in the cap? Is there a video? I can't figure out how to do that and get it to spurt on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to do a video if I get a chance with the toddler and his antics...basically you just put the tip of your marker in the cap and pull down on the marker, dragging it out of the cap. I was worried but as long as I was careful the marker stands up to it and some of the ink flicks on your paper. The other artisans say their markers have held up to this just fine.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...