Monday, August 28, 2017

Seasonal Lantern

Hi stampers!  I'm trying to get back on the stamping and posting train!  I had big plans over the weekend and then came down with some allergy or sinus infection (I think) kind of thing.  UGH!  Hopefully I'm feeling better fast!  I've got a lot to do with Ian starting preschool on Tuesday and having TIME TO MYSELF.   Like, I don't even really know what that is after the last three years :-)  I'm sure I won't get near as much accomplished as I'd like but we'll see!

I did manage to ink up the Seasonal Lantern set last week though!  I loved this set as soon as I saw it!  I love lanterns and the possibilities of this set are endless!  I also love when sets encompass multiple holidays like this ones does!  Add in coordinating framelits and it was a no-brainer for me!

Now, I probably should have started with a fall card (I'm TRYING to not put the Christmas horse before the sleigh) but I couldn't resist I guess!


Like I've been trying to do lately, I kept it simple.  While I LOVE the dies, I was wanting to create something quickly and easily and I like to show that while dies are fantastic, if they aren't in your budget, you don't NEED them.  You could easily step this card up by cutting out the lantern and candle and it would be fantastic-er :-)  And can we talk about the Merry Music DSP for a second?  LOVE it!  I think the black adds a very nice pop for your cards!

I'm also really happy with the way my "holly bough" turned out.  I had a little scrap left over from one of the boxwood embellishments so I put a few real red enamel dots on it to make some holly.  Do you like it?

Did this set catch your eye or did you overlook it?  I haven't seen much chatter about it or many samples with it.

Happy stamping! Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...